No time for a reflection from yesterday. I'll sum up before having to depart out into the rain of the city today.
I've never seen so many black people in my life.
People are nicer here than the media lets on.
Italian Hot Dog = instant weight gain.
Sunrise over the Atlantic is something else. When you wonder about the sublime versus the beautiful, think of the sunset over the Pacific and the sunrise over the Atlantic.
Things, they do fall apart. Things, they do get picked up again.
I haven't been getting nearly enough sleep. But this is the city that never sleeps. When in Rome.
I'm going to rough it on my own for a couple hours. The prospect of blending in (which will not really happen) excites me a little.
When my uncle introduces me as "My nephew from California," everyone responds with "Yeah he looks like from California." A lady we met last night told me that I sit like a Californian. Apparently in New Jersey, everyone sits as if ready for the next thing. I sit ready for what is happening.
There are some beautiful people here. The beauty here is something different, a new animal altogether from the beauty back in California. That was expected of course. It appears that people here are more fashionable than elsewhere, even LA, and yet still comfortable in their skin. It be a combination of LA materialism and SF comfort. That is very appealing to me. Especially since I've been wearing the same pants for the past week, and I've run out of unworn shirts. Perhaps I'll go shopping today. Nah. There is still much to see.
Hm. I'm hungry. Do I want a bagel again this morning? I told my uncle yesterday that I had eaten a "New York bagel" for the past two days. He stopped me and said "You mean you ate a bagel. All others are fakes."
There is so much to inspire. As I walk the streets, I'm writing in my head stories about the people who walk by. So many stories to tell.
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment